Alastair Hamilton has been at the helm of Invest NI for nearly three years. He has a budget of over £150m of public money and a staff of more than 500.
I joined Mr Hamilton at Invest NI’s signature building in Belfast City Centre and I raised the following issues (and more) with the man charged with winning and sustaining jobs:
- What is he doing with this public money?
- Are we getting value for money?
- How does he intend to combat growing competition for new jobs?
- Is Northern Ireland repositioning itself appropriately around the world to obviate slippage in winning new inward invest?
- How is he going to confront Euro changes in 2013, which will militate against the deployment of the current basket of goodies, to lure direct foreign investment here?
- Does he think David Cameron did the right thing in Brussels – from our prospective?….He is blunt and to the point on this issue.
With an ever growing interest by Invest NI in new media, the importance of Mr Hamilton giving an interview to eamonnmallie.com should not be lost on the mainstream media here.
Join Alastair and myself in conversation in his office:
A question I wish you had asked.
“If NI had the same Corporate Tax as Ireland for the past ten years, how many of the big name multinationals (Twitter, Google, EMC, Microsoft, Oracle, PayPal, SAP, Symantec, and Yahoo!) would NI have won and how?